WHO ARE WE?
We roast Canada’s #1 whole bean coffee. Our Arabica beans are 100% certified Organic and Fairtrade. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years, smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.
And our coffee beans aren’t the only ones winning awards around here. Our human beans kick ass too! Kicking Horse Coffee has been a certified Great Place to Work® since 2015. In 2018, we were named the #1 Best Workplace in Canada. Whoa! We believe creating a workplace that offers great careers and access to an exceptional lifestyle. It’s why we’ve made a commitment to become a living wage employer.
This fall, we are throwing open the doors to our reimagined, flagship Café. It’s brand spankin’ new! It’s as close to fresh roasted coffee as it can get. Where human beans and coffee beans are connected. Where everyone who comes through the doors leaves slightly more caffeinated and a whole lot more loved. We can’t wait to see you.
WHO ARE YOU?
You love coffee. You love people. Most of all, you love creating uplifting human experiences. There is nothing fills you up like being of service to others. You connect the dots between coffee beans to human beans, leaving room for both to shine. You are filled to the brim with a positive energy, and maybe even a hint of cheekiness too. Look at you, you’re going to fit right in.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Create an exceptional experience for all our Café guests, while working with people that love what they do, and crafting quality coffee beverages. Welcome guests into our Café with warm mugs and full hearts. Leave our guests feeling much more loved, and a tad bit fuller, when they walk out the door.
- Create an exceptional experience for our guests through connection and coffee.
- Craft high quality coffee beverages (and sometimes tea)
- Use our brand-new POS, to make sure guests have all they need including Café meals, merch, and coffee, of course.
- Foster of a positive, energetic, and dare we say, fun, work environment.
- Taste testing is included in this gig, you will learn all things coffee, develop your barista skills, and go forth to make the best lattes this town has ever seen.
- Love for coffee. If you aren’t keen to make a mean cup of joe or learn about all thing’s coffee, this may not be for you.
- Love for people. You get genuine joy from serving others and creating real connections with people.
- Coffee breaks don’t take a break! We’re open seven days a week and looking for team members with availability flexibility (including weekends)
- Experience working within a café
- Experience delivering kick ass service experiences
- Food Safe Level 1 or 2
We are looking for people that embody our purpose, soul, and spirit. We want to work with folks that will nurture and enhance our culture of belonging, inclusivity, and love. In practice, this means:
- Awake: Reliable and ready to wake up and kick ass. You have excellent time management skills combined with a strong sense of urgency. You are aware of how you impact the world and those around you, as well as how the world, impacts you.
- Intentional: You do everything with good intention. You act with kindness, respect, and professionalism.
- Courageous: You are willing to adapt, learn, and grow as you navigate change. You have a strong curiosity and a desire to continuously learn and improve.
- Sophistication: You annihilate mediocrity with strong attention to detail and high personal standards for quality.
- Love: You have a positive and fun disposition. You have a “mug half full” approach to life. You are a collaborator by nature and enjoy working alongside a big team.
PERKS TO PIQUE YOUR INTEREST
When individuals thrive, communities thrive. And we are here to help that happen. The following perks and programs have been designed with intention, to ensure our people prosper.
- What about the dough? Café roles start at $17.77 per hour (and don’t forget about those juicy tips!)
- An annual $700.00 Wellness & Recreation Allowance*
- 4 Weeks Paid Vacation after 1 year*
- Company paid health and dental benefits**
- Environmental & Community giving programs
- The best perk of all, an exceptional crew of human beans (from coffee lovers, hard workers, foodies to fun havers) folks that love what they do and kick ass at it too!
*Pro-rated depending on hours of work
**Minimum 24 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Apply HERE! Attach your resume and tell us more about you!
*If the application link doesn't work, copy and paste this web address into your browser: https://app-elb.pushoperations.com/ats/job-postings/3b81cc77-a618-4eab-aca5-a1a6682ea3d6/public