WHO ARE WE?
We roast Canada’s #1 whole bean coffee. Our Arabica beans are 100% certified Organic and Fairtrade. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years, smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.
And our coffee beans aren’t the only ones winning awards around here. Our human beans kick ass too! Kicking Horse Coffee has been a certified Great Place to Work® since 2015. In 2018, we were named the #1 Best Workplace in Canada. Whoa! We believe creating a workplace that offers great careers and access to an exceptional lifestyle. It’s why we’ve made a commitment to become a living wage employer.
This fall, we are throwing open the doors to our reimagined, flagship café. It’s brand spankin’ new! It’s as close to fresh roasted coffee as it can get. Where human beans and coffee beans are connected. Where everyone who comes through the doors leaves slightly more caffeinated and a whole lot more loved. We can’t wait to see you.
WHO ARE YOU?
You bring the flavour, zest, and fiery passion for all things food and taste. Maybe you are a seasoned (pun intended) professional in the culinary arts, or maybe you are just getting into the scene, but one thing is certain, you love food. But what do you love even more than food? Pairing it with coffee to create one kick ass culinary experience. You’re not afraid to spice things up and try new things, but you’re also happy to follow a recipe. Is it just us, or does you and our brand-new café sound like the perfect pairing?
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Create an exceptional culinary experience for all our café guests. Work with people that love what they do. You will cook, bake, prep, and create incredibly tasting coffee comestibles, to bring joy to people the one way you know best, through feeding their stomachs.
We are hiring for all roles within our kitchen: cooks, bakers, and sandwich-makers!
- Prepare, bake, and cook the finest food for our guests.
- Maintain a squeaky clean, safe, kitchen. Make sure our brand-new kitchen stays clean and shiny (as much it can).
- Create and contribute to a positive, energetic, and dare we say, fun, work environment.
- Create an exceptional food and dining experience for our guests.
- Ensure all recipes are down to the cup, ounce, gram, and chocolate chip.
- Follow all standard operating procedures and prep lists to ensure high level of quality.
- Keep the kitchen running, smooth, safe, and in tip top shape! Or should we say, tip top taste.
- Love for food. Need we say more?
- Love for coffee and a zest for bringing great coffee and great food together
- Commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe kitchen
- Must take pride in creating quality, delicious and nutritious, plant-based menu items
- Coffee breaks don’t take a break! We’re open seven days a week and looking for team members with availability flexibility (including weekends)
- Experience working within a kitchen or working in a kitchen leadership role
- Solid knife chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing skills
- Relevant education (culinary arts, hospitality)
- Food Safe Level 1 or 2
- Experience working within a bakery or working in a bakery leadership role
- Relevant education (pastry arts, culinary arts)
- Ability to accommodate dietary needs including vegan, gluten-free, and other allergies
- Food Safe Level 1 or 2
To make our kick ass culinary crew, we will need 5 main ingredients: awake, sophisticated, love, courageous, and intentional. These are our spirit values, which make core of our culture. You may recognize these ingredients as below:
- 2 cups of genuineness, fun, and happiness.
- ½ cup of optimism with “a glass half full” approach to life
- ½ cup of get er’ done attitude balanced with ½ cup of with a light and calming energy (Ramsay’s need does not apply to this kitchen)
- A pinch of cheekiness and humour *adjust to taste*
PERKS TO PIQUE YOUR INTEREST
When individuals thrive, communities thrive. And we are here to help that happen. The following perks and programs have been designed with intention, to ensure our people prosper.
- What about the dough?! Culinary support roles start at $17.77 per hour; Cook roles start at $22.66 per hour; and Baker roles start at $22.66 per hour… and don’t forget about those juicy tips!
- An annual $700.00 Wellness & Recreation Allowance*
- 4 Weeks Paid Vacation after 1 year*
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits**
- Environmental & Community giving programs
- The best perk of all, an exceptional crew of human beans that love what they do and kick ass at it too. Foodies, cooks, coffee lovers, fun havers and hard workers alike.
*Pro-rated depending on hours of work
**Minimum 24 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Apply here! Attach your resume and tell us more about you!
*If the application link doesn't work, copy and paste this web address into your browser: https://app-elb.pushoperations.com/ats/job-postings/a56d2fd2-5a46-4199-bc5f-eed9c0b6b135/public