WHO ARE WE?
We roast Canada’s #1 whole bean coffee. Our Arabica beans are 100% certified Organic and Fairtrade. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years, smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.
And our coffee beans aren’t the only ones winning awards around here. Our human beans kick ass too! Kicking Horse Coffee has been a certified Great Place to Work® since 2015. In 2018, we were named the #1 Best Workplace in Canada. Whoa! We believe creating a workplace that offers great careers and access to an exceptional lifestyle. It’s why we’ve made a commitment to become a living wage employer.
This fall, we are throwing open the doors to our reimagined, flagship café. It’s brand spankin’ new! It’s as close to fresh roasted coffee as it can get. Where human beans and coffee beans are connected. Where everyone who comes through the doors leaves slightly more caffeinated and a whole lot more loved. We can’t wait to see you.
WHO ARE YOU?
A trusted chef. Food master. Profesh chopper. To top it all off? Like a cherry on top of a chocolate cake, you also bring a cool, calm, and collected vibe to the kitchen. You are passionate about food; you simply love to cook. You love to match and experiment with flavour profiles, create great food from scratch, and work with a collaborative kitchen team. More than that, you love to guide your team on best practices in the kitchen. You are prepared, organized, and put love and care into every bite.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Work with our kitchen team to create a culinary experience second to none! Support our Manager of Taste, second in command, to keep the kitchen running smoothly and safely and ensure that every dish coming from our café is exceptionally tasting and made with love.
- Work with Manager of Taste to support all kitchen management related functions. From scheduling, ordering food, assisting with payroll, and supporting our culinary crew to create amazing food experiences.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Taste to develop new recipes for lunch programs and seasonal specials.
- Train team members on quality standards and expectations and lead by example. Guide on best practices, cleaning standards, and how to cook the best dang meal this town ever saw.
- Preparing and assembling food in all areas of the kitchen and assisting our crew as needed.
- Complete daily checks and prep lists to ensure we are meeting freshness and quality standards.
- Manage inventory levels to best of your ability, making sure there is little food waste as possible!
- 3-5 years’ experience in a cook or chef position.
- Diploma or education in culinary discipline is an ASS-et.
- Ability to deliver kick ass customer service and culinary experiences to all guests.
- Food Safe Level 1 or a willingness to take or refresh.
- You are an excellent communicator with exceptional verbal, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Proficiency in inventory management systems such as Bevspot and MS Office is a plus!
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Coffee breaks don’t take a break! We’re open seven days a week and looking for team members with availability flexibility (including weekends).
To make our kick ass culinary crew, we will need 5 main ingredients: awake, sophisticated, love, courageous, and intentional. These are our spirit values, which make core of our culture. You may recognize these ingredients as below:
- 2 cups of genuineness, fun, and happiness.
- ½ cup of optimism with “a glass half full” approach to life
- ½ cup of get er’ done attitude balanced with ½ cup of with a light and calming energy (Ramsay’s need does not apply to this kitchen)
- A pinch of cheekiness and humour *adjust to taste*
PERKS TO PIQUE YOUR INTEREST
When individuals thrive, communities thrive. And we are here to help that happen. The following perks and programs have been designed with intention, to ensure our people prosper.
- Livable wages for all our roles, specifically our culinary lead role starts at $26.00 per hour.
- An annual $700.00 Wellness & Recreation Allowance
- 4 Weeks Paid Vacation after 1 year
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Environmental & Community giving programs
- The best perk of all, an exceptional crew of human beans (from coffee lovers, hard workers, foodies to fun havers) folks that love what they do and kick ass at it too!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply HERE! Attach your resume and tell us more about you!
*If the application link doesn't work, copy and paste this web address into your browser: https://app-elb.pushoperations.com/ats/job-postings/61b87144-7346-4c79-a89b-123def9436bb/public