Your daily mission: Pack, inspect, and box the best coffee on the planet.
Who Are We?
We roast Canada’s #1 whole bean coffee. Our Arabica beans are 100% certified Organic and Fairtrade. We’ve been doing this for over 26 years, smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.
Our coffee beans aren’t the only ones winning awards around here. Our human beans kick ass too! Kicking Horse Coffee has been a certified Great Place to Work® since 2015. In 2018, we were named the #1 Best Workplace in Canada. Whoa! We believe creating a workplace that offers great careers and access to an exceptional lifestyle. It’s why we’ve made a commitment to become a living wage employer.
The spirit of Kicking Horse Coffee can be summed up in five words: awake, courageous, intentional, sophisticated, and love, yep, love. These are the values at our core, the foundation of our culture.
Who Are You?
You’re the whole package. Pun intended.
You go with the flow. You are flexible, adaptable and ready to tackle whatever the day brings. Change? Scary? Nah, you can handle it. You work best in a role where you can be on your feet, moving around quickly, and keeping busy with an upbeat environment and crew. You're also curious. Curious about our coffee, our equipment, and all the processes in between. You are comfortable flying solo, but you’d rather work with a team. Because what’s better than one Packaging Technician? 30+ Packaging Technicians, obviously.
What Will You Do?
Not to brag, but our Packaging Line Technicians are the best baggers in the biz. Mainly due to their stealth ability to package, inspect, box, and prepare to ship the best coffee in the country, all while focusing on safety and efficiency. But it could also be due to their lightning-fast speed or their chameleon-like adaptability. In this role, you'll learn and do all of the above while working closely with your team to perform daily clean-ups, room preparations, and relentless quality control. Being a Line Technician involves repetitive, physically demanding work in a team setting. But that’s not all. Our team exercise their minds, too. Over time, your leaders will train you on our equipment, helping you to become a master machine operator.
- Follow standard operating procedures to bag and box our beans!
- Inspect all finished products to ensure quality control standards are being met.
- Operate packaging equipment using HMI touch screen.
- Enter data into ERP software, allocating materials and maintaining inventory.
- Perform daily clean-ups and room preparations.
- Special project tasks as assigned.
- Previous work in a manufacturing or production setting is an asset.
- Experience working in physically-demanding role is required. Standing, lifting, bending, twisting? You got er!
- Experience operating production equipment or packaging machinery is considered an asset.
- Basic computer skills and data entry experience is required. Experience using Microsoft Excel is an asset. Open to learning and developing new skills is a must!
- A curiosity and a desire to continue learning required. Post-secondary education is an asset.
- Genuine, professional, and fun disposition with a positive, “mug half full” out look on life.
- Change doesn’t scare you; you’ve got grit! Willingness to adapt, learn, and grow as you navigate change.
- Possess strong manual dexterity and the ability to perform quick movements.
- Physically able to stand for eight hours a day while lifting, bending, twisting, and sometimes even dancing. Ability to lift and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Capable of remaining alert and attentive while monitoring a number of moving pieces.
- Desire to annihilate mediocrity with strong attention to detail and high personal standards for quality.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Perks To Pique Your Interest
When individuals thrive, communities thrive. And we are here to help that happen. The following perks and programs have been designed with intention, to ensure our people prosper.
- Living Wage: All our roles offer a living wage for the Columbia Valley. Specifically, this roles will start at $19.42/hour.
- Comprehensive Benefits: Designed to support employee wellness and mental health, our benefits program is as full as our mugs! In addition to our standard medical and dental coverage, we offer:
- $700 wellness and recreation allowance annually.
- 500 per paramedical service, per year for things like massage, counselling, nutrition consultation, naturopath support, physiotherapy, osteopath, acupuncture, chiropractor and more. That’s a whole lotta self-care right there!
- A whole heck of a lot of time off including 4 weeks of paid vacation after your first year.
- Celebrate your birthday with a paid day off and gift certificate to a local business of choice.
- Access to emergency or crisis support through our EFAP.
- Environmental and Community Giving: Our Green Commuting program pays employees $3.00 per day for choosing a green commute to work. Our Dream Fund provides Kicking Horse Coffee dreamers with financial funding to put towards community projects.
- Continued Education: All employees have access to world class, online learning through our partnership with Harvard ManageMentor.
- Dang Good Deals: on coffee and swag.
- Exceptional Human Beans: Working with a kick ass team? We think that is the best perk of all. Our crew of coffee lovers love what they do and are great at it too!
- We work eight-hour days, Monday to Friday.
- We are hiring for a full-time, permanent position on our PM Shift. This role will work from 2:30 pm – 10:30 pm or 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm.
How to Apply
If you are looking to join a kick ass team of highly caffenited human beans, our Packaging team encourages you to apply! Please send in your application by email and attach your resume and a few facts about yourself. Some ideas may include but are not limited to: The name of your pet (photos encouraged), your favourite way to make coffee, or what inspires you to wake up and kick ass everyday. Email us!