Your daily mission: Eat, sleep, and breathe our culture, ensuring it is the thread woven through all of our employee programs.
Who Are You?
You don’t just like people, you connect with them. You understand them. You care about them. A lot. But as you know, with great people practices, comes the need for great processes. Which is why you are an incredibly organized critical thinker. Thoughtful and intentional, you can take all the pieces of the people puzzle and connect them together. Most importantly, you are FUN. Toby vibes? Absolutely not. You inject fun into all aspects of work, and invite others to do the same. Damn. Are we… a perfect match?
What Will You Do?
Dazzle, inspire, repeat. You will create lasting impressions and programs that energize and engage our employees. From creative recruitment, meaningful recognition, to performance management, you’ve got it covered. You will make sure prosective and current employees feel welcome, respected, appreciated and part of the Kicking Horse Coffee community. All mixed together, you’re the link that will help nurture our unique culture and create an exceptional experience for our people.
- Live, breathe, and align our employee programs with our culture, from start to finish.
- Oversee the company-wide recruitment initiatives. Engage talent, grow talent pools, and get creative in finding kick ass people!
- Support leaders on performance management and employee engagement, from coaching, to managing feeback channels, to creating action plans.
- Celebrate our employees thorough managing our employee recognition and culture programs.
- Plan and deliver kick ass staff events, throwing legendary parties and gatherings for our staffs.
- Oversee all departure details for staff, ensuring folks leave feeling loved and appreciated.
- Regularly review, update, and continuously improve our processes, programs, and guidelines.
- Degree or continuous education in Human Resources.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an HR Generialist. Previous experience leading a team is an asset.
- Data analytics, reporting and HR systems experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of BC Employment Standards.
- Solid skills with MS Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and maybe even Planner and SharePoint. You may end up teaching some of us a new trick or two.
- Experience in payroll will be an asset.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- You BYOE (bring your own energy, baby!) You make work fun. People love to work with you!
- You are a connector, you build trust and maintain incredibly strong working relationships.
- You hold a high standard for quality, and understand it is all in the little details.
- You an exceptional communicator. You are clear and concise in your verbal and written communication. You balance grammar, creativity, and personality in any written communication.
- Adaptable and flexible, you know how to manage time and your priorities effectively.
- You are a vault. You maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- You annihalte mediocrity! You bring your A-game and when you make a mistake, you dust off, learn from it, and do better next time.
- Willing and able to work out of our headquarters in Invermere, British Columbia.
Perks to Pique Your Interest
When individuals thrive, communities thrive. And we are here to help that happen. The following perks and programs have been designed with intention, to ensure our people prosper.
- Mug Fillers: Kick ass coffee discounts, need we say more?
- Comprehensive benefits: Designed to support employee wellness and mental health, our benefits program is as full as our mugs! In addition to our standard medical and dental coverage, we offer:
- An annual wellness and recreation allowance.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation after one year.
- A paid day off to celebrate your birthday with a gift certificate to a local business of your choice.
- Support through or our Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Environmental and community giving: Our Green Commuting program pays employees for choosing a green commute to work. Our Dream Fund provides Kicking Horse Coffee dreamers with financial funding to put towards community projects.
- Exceptional human beans: You will work with a kick ass team who are passionate about people, culture, process and of course, coffee.
- Hybrid: Work, live, play in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. This role will be located in Invermere, BC, with an opportunity to work hybrid.
How to Apply
Scratch the detailed career skills-based cover letter. To apply for this position, please email us your resume, and answer these questions:
- Why do you work in this field?
- How do you bring culture to life in the workplace?
- What do you love about small-town, mountain living?